September 22 was the first day of autumn; even though it seems like we just turned off the furnace for the summer, it’s time to make sure it’s in tiptop shape to make it through the winter. Since The Old Farmer’s Almanac predicts a winter that’s much snowier than normal and below average temperatures from mid-December through late January, having a furnace that can handle the job is essential.
Even though the phrase “snowier than normal” should spur you into action, here are some other reasons to have your furnace inspected and tuned-up before the first cold snap hits:
- A thorough inspection will tell you if everything is okay. Furnaces have wear-and-tear parts, and they need to be replaced. If your furnace isn’t inspected you’ll never know it’s wearing out until your furnace stops working. And emergency repairs cost a lot more than a tune-up, not to mention how inconvenient they are.
- Ensure your furnace is running safely. The “Green Apple Mechanical” technician will ensure that your flue pipe and/or chimney aren’t leaking or blocked by anything. Any blockage or leak can mean poisonous carbon monoxide gas is entering your home.
- Your warranty depends upon it. Every furnace manufacturer requires annual maintenance or your warranty will be invalidated.
- It’s good for your system. Think of it like a health plan for your furnace; annual maintenance may extend your furnace’s life by up to five years. With replacement costs in the multiple thousands of dollars, those extra years can save you a lot.
- It’s good for you. A dirty furnace is full of warm, moist air and the bacteria, fungus, and viruses that thrive in those conditions. Then, when the blower moves the air through your furnace, those pollutants move right along with it…into the rest of your home. A clean furnace means cleaner air.
- Dirty furnaces are unhappy. Any technician will tell you that the number one cause of furnace failure is dirt buildup. And, if your furnace is dirty it’s also running inefficiently because the airflow is inhibited. This costs you at least 10% more on your utility bill, all winter long.
- It’s safer. There’s a gas pilot safety and a safety circuit. They should be checked every year because if they’re not functioning correctly, they could make your furnace go “boom”.
- Early means easy. Scheduling your appointment before everyone else means that there will be a much better chance of an appointment time that’s convenient for you. Phone call scheduling takes about five minutes and the full tune-up takes about an hour. What’s an hour compared to four months of peace of mind?
The biggest reason to schedule now is to take advantage of our early season tune-up special. We guarantee your furnace won’t break down and that you’ll save on your utility bills, so there’s nothing to lose by scheduling your tune-up today. Call “Green Apple Mechanical NJ” today toll free at (888) 611-7191