No matter the prevention you have taken sometimes burst pipes happen. What you do when you discover one will make the difference between an inconvenience or a total disaster. Here we have highlighted the best action a homeowner can take.
- Look out for the signs of Burst Pipes. Not every burst pipe is a torrent of water from the ceiling, look for damp patches on walls, ceilings
andfloors. Loss of water pressure, unusual noises in the system and even electrical faults all can point to Burst Pipes.
- If you suspect a burst pipe then isolate the water from the stopcock. Close the stopcock fully and open the taps in the home to remove the water from the system.
- DO NOT use the electrical devices, keep away from light switches and sockets if water is leaking it easily can be within the electrical circuit.
- Clean the excess water away as soon as possible the quicker the water is removed the less damage can be caused.
- If you have any more concerns regarding any of your plumbing or HVAC needs call Green Apple toll-free at 888-611-7191