Dirty or clogged air filters use more energy than clean, fresh air filters.
If you don’t have time to schedule this service prior to turning on your air conditioner, do so as soon as possible, as maintenance care is needed every year.
As the weather warms up, it’s time to start preparing your home and your HVAC system for the hot summer months that lay ahead! One of the best things you can do for your equipment is preventive seasonal HVAC maintenance in the spring to ensure your air conditioner runs at peak efficiency, just in time for the hot, humid weather!
Properly maintaining your HVAC system will improve its efficiency, lower your energy bills and prevent you from having to make costly emergency repairs. After all, no one wants to be stuck with an underperforming air conditioner in the middle of a sweltering hot summer day!
You can do many things at home to prepare your HVAC system for the heat; however, you should schedule annual maintenance appointments with the professionals at Green Apple Mechanical NJ to keep your home HVAC system running smoothly all year long.
Here is our Ultimate Spring HVAC Maintenance Checklist:
1. Replace your air filters
Over time your HVAC air filters become clogged with built-up dust, dirt, and debris. When this happens, your system has to work harder to keep temperatures in your home comfortable. A dirty filter can restrict airflow, waste energy, and even damage your system. Avoid an increase in energy costs and replace your air filters every three months. Not only will your equipment work more efficiently, but your indoor air quality will improve significantly. A Green Apple Mechanical HVAC technician will gladly show you how to change your air filters during a maintenance or service appointment!
2. Clean around your A/C unit and remove the cover
As you prepare for summer use of your air conditioner, you need to clean up the dirt and debris left behind from the winter season. Clear any leaves from your air conditioner’s top grill and trim nearby bushes or shrubs to create two feet of clearance around your outdoor unit. You should also schedule a maintenance appointment with a Green Apple Mechanical NJ professional to have your air conditioner inspected for any damage that happened over the winter and fix any necessary repairs.
Don’t forget to take the cover off your A/C unit! This simple step is essential since your system won’t work correctly with the cover on.
3. Check your air conditioner’s refrigerant lines.
Adjust the refrigerant levels according to your system. Too much or too little refrigerant will reduce the efficiency of your equipment and increase your energy costs. Check the refrigerant lines to be sure they are not worn, detached, or leaking. For the best results, call a Green Apple Mechanical HVAC professional!
4. Keep your unit level.
To ensure your unit is functioning correctly, you want to be sure it is properly leveled outside. Over time the concrete pad under the unit can sink or tip to one side, putting strain on the coolant lines. To avoid damage to your air conditioner, make sure to check it is level on the ground every couple of months.
5. Adjust your thermostat
Ensure your heating and cooling systems work correctly by setting the thermostat to cooling mode and running the air conditioner for 15 minutes when you first turn it on. If you don’t have a smart home thermostat you may want to consider having one installed this spring. The convenience and control of a smart thermostat will save you time, money, and a lot of hassle! Give us a call to schedule a headache-free smart home thermostat installation.
6. Schedule your HVAC maintenance appointment
Spring is the best time to schedule your annual HVAC maintenance appointment! Don’t wait until the warm weather hits to have your air conditioner serviced, as you run the risk of being left without cool air in the middle of a sweltering summer day. Without proper maintenance of your HVAC system, there is a greater chance it will need costly emergency repairs or replacement. If you wait too long to schedule maintenance on your air conditioner, your wait time could be longer than expected, as others may be in line ahead of you.
Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priorities. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC needs call today toll-free at 888-611-7191
Replacing the HVAC system in the wrong season could translate into a slower turnaround time and higher inconvenience.
Smart thermostats can detect changes in the outdoor temperature and adjust your indoor temperature accordingly to ensure your home is always comfortable.
The thermostat is often the culprit behind a seemingly broken AC.
Today’s programmable thermostats provide convenient and customizable features that fit into your busy, modern lifestyle.
Why Is Spring Maintenance Important
To fully appreciate why spring maintenance is necessary for HVAC systems, you must understand their workings. These complex devices rely on several components like a furnace, air conditioner, ductwork, and thermostat each playing an essential role in keeping your home comfortable all year round.
Your HVAC system works hard during winter to keep your home warm and comfortable. However, as temperatures rise in springtime, your system must switch to cooling mode to stay comfortable during the warmer months. Neglecting regular maintenance from an experienced company like Green Apple Mechanical could result in reduced efficiency, higher energy bills, or even system failure.
Spring HVAC service is essential to guarantee your system is ready to transition from heating to cooling mode. By addressing any potential problems before they become major ones, you can save money on energy costs and extend the life of your HVAC system.
What Spring Maintenance Should Include
Comprehensive spring maintenance for HVAC systems should include a visual inspection of indoor and outdoor units and some key tasks to guarantee your system runs optimally. Here are some items to include on your checklist:
- Inspection of Outdoor Units: Your outdoor unit is exposed to the elements year-round, potentially reducing its performance. As part of a spring maintenance check, have your Green Apple Mechanical technician inspect the outdoor unit for any signs of damage or wear and tear. This includes checking for debris that has built up around it and verifying its level and security.
- Inspection of Indoor Units: Your indoor unit is essential in distributing warm and cool air throughout your home. As part of a spring maintenance check, have your Green Apple Mechanical technician inspect the indoor unit for any signs of damage or wear and tear, including checking the blower motor and fan belt.
- Air Filter Replacement: Your HVAC system’s air filter helps capture dust, pollen, and other particles that can affect indoor air quality. As part of your spring maintenance checkup, have your Green Apple Mechanical technician replace the air filter to ensure it’s clean and debris-free.
- Duct Cleaning: Over time, dust, dirt, and other particles can accumulate in your ductwork, decreasing efficiency. As part of a spring maintenance checkup with your Green Apple Mechanical technician, they should inspect and clean any necessary ductwork.
- Thermostat Check: Your thermostat is essential in controlling the temperature in your home. During a spring maintenance checkup, your Green Apple Mechanical technician should verify that your thermostat was functioning optimally and calibrated accurately.
- Refrigerant Level Check: Your HVAC system uses refrigerant to cool your home. As part of a spring maintenance checkup, have your Green Apple Mechanical technician check the refrigerant level and add more as necessary.
- Condensate Drain Cleaning: Your HVAC system produces condensate as it cools your home. This water then drains away from your property through a drain line. As part of a regular spring maintenance checkup, have your Green Apple Mechanical technician inspect and clean this line if necessary to prevent clogs or backups.
- Green Apple Mechanical are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priorities. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC needs call today toll-free at 888-611-7191
The more energy efficient your home is, the easier it will be to keep it warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and the less you will have to use your HVAC system.
Sometimes it’s difficult to find the time to fit in repairs for your climate control system. In order to keep your New Jersey home in the best shape, it’s important to complete repairs promptly. Here are the reasons you shouldn’t wait to schedule your HVAC repairs:
Potential Property Damage
HVAC issues aren’t always localized to just the system. Problems that require repair can actually lead to other issues within your home.
For example, a clogged condensation line can lead to standing water inside your home. As a result, it can create the perfect environment for rot and biological growth that can require costly work to fix. Green Apple HVAC maintenance can help catch some of these problems before they impact your home.
Compounding HVAC Issues
A small issue with your HVAC system can absolutely worsen over time. Depending on the location and type of issue, this progress can be slow or very fast. Either way, by waiting around, you may end up with a higher cost of repair than if it was taken care of immediately. If you wait too long, you may find that your entire unit stops working thanks to the issue impacting other areas of your HVAC system. It’s much easier and budget-friendly to pay for a small repair than replace an entire system. Therefore, you should schedule a Green Apple Mechanical HVAC repair as soon as you suspect an issue.
Decreased Energy Efficiency
It should go without saying, that a poorly functioning HVAC unit can have a dramatic impact on your home’s overall efficiency. Even small problems can increase the energy required for your climate control unit to keep your home’s temperature stable. Over time, this can add up and lead to large jumps in utility costs. Getting repairs done quickly can help circumvent increases in energy usage and keep your utility bills and environmental impact low. Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priorities. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC needs call us today toll-free at 888-611-7191