Dirty filters restrict airflow and re-circulate dusty air, which isn’t too great during hot summer afternoons.
It is important to keep your unit free of obstruction If you have trees or shrubs near your outside unit, regular HVAC maintenance includes cutting back limbs.
Short-cycling occurs when your HVAC system shuts off too early and fails to complete a full heating or cooling cycle.
Well-maintained units are less likely to break down during months of sustained use, namely the summer months from June through September.
If you don’t change your AC filter, it will begin to fail.
Smart thermostats are also easy to install and can directly replace your existing thermostats.
If you plan on staying in the same home for a long time, you may want to consider installing a whole new energy-efficient system with energy-efficient HVAC ducting.
Painting might sound nice, but upgrading your HVAC system is the best way to boost property value.
- homes with manual thermostats, you have to walk over to your thermostat and adjust the temperature setting every time that you want your home to be warmer or cooler. Although manual thermostats can get the job done, you can control your heating and cooling system much easier with a smart model. Today we will show you why that’s the case by talking about the benefits of installing a programmable thermostat in your home!
- Save energy with ease. A programmable thermostat allows you to tell the thermostat what temperatures you’d like to use at different times of the day. You can use a comfortable setting for the times of day that you’re at home, and use energy-conserving settings for the times of day that your home is empty (like during work and school hours). Once you program your settings, the thermostat will automatically change your home’s temperature levels accordingly so you don’t have to do a thing!
- Never forget to change your home’s temperature. If you wanted to adjust a manual thermostat every day to save energy before you leave the house, you could certainly do that. However, this would require you to remember to adjust your thermostat every single day. If you’re in a rush to leave the house, there will certainly be days that you forget to adjust your thermostat. Because a programmable thermostat changes your home’s temperature for you, you’ll never forget to use your energy-saving settings and your energy bills will be lower
- Have your home comfortable when you want it. One thing that you definitely can’t do with a manual thermostat is change your home’s temperature settings in anticipation of your arrival. With a manual thermostat, you have to wait to get home to change your home’s temperature and there will be a waiting period when your home is uncomfortable. With a programmable thermostat, you can begin to heat up or cool down your home in advance and have your home perfectly comfortable from the moment you step through the door. This is especially helpful when you’re returning from vacation.
- Get reminders and notifications about your system. Manual thermostats typically only allow you to change the temperature in your home and adjust your system’s fan settings. Programmable thermostats, on the other hand, often come with extra features like reminders to change your filter, notifications for when your system isn’t working properly, and more.
- WiFi compatible. Some programmable thermostats are WiFi enabled, which gives you even more control over your heating and cooling system. Along with allowing you to adjust your thermostat remotely (whether you’re in the house or not), WiFi-programmable thermostats are also more accurate and can even communicate with outdoor sensors to display the temperature outside.
- Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priorities. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC needs call us today toll-free at 888-611-7191
When you combine high-quality air filters with a smart thermostat, you can maximize the desired temperature in your home while saving money on energy costs.