You would not drive your car for miles and miles without changing the oil, rotating the tires or replacing the brake pads. So why would anything be different when it comes to heating and air conditioning? would they not need the same attention and service? HVAC units need to be maintained on a regular basis.
Repairs are not always apparent, but regular maintenance helps to ensure that little problems don’t turn into big ones. In addition, A neglected HVAC system can end up costing you much more money in the long run if left unchecked.
A good preventative maintenance contract will provide for scheduled inspections to ensure peak performance and potentially last past its expected lifespan.
Green Apple Mechanical has been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. Call us toll-free at 888-611-7191 with any questions or concerns you may have regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing concerns.
A plunger works by plugging a clog free with suction. Plungers are a fantastic tool, but it won’t work on every clog. If a clog is caused by something sturdy and stubborn like a tree root, you need a solution that is more powerful.
Usually, if a plunger doesn’t work, you can use a plumbing snake. If that doesn’t work, then you can try hydro jetting, which targets high-pressure water spray to break up and flush out clogs.
If none of these solutions work then be sure to call Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191. We are the professionals you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
If you were to poll a group of HVAC professionals about the proper frequency for your system’s filter replacement, they would testify that it hinges on an array of factors like the number of people in the home, whether pets are present, the type of air filter, the home’s air quality etc.
Though you don’t have to change your furnace filter every single month, it should be changed every three months at most, as the seasons change. So, be sure that your furnace filter is switched out at the start of winter, fall, spring, and summer! When in doubt, we suggest that you check the filter to see if it is truly dirty.
It’s also important to have an annual furnace inspection done once a year by a professional so they can make sure your furnace is operating to its full potential and that there are no small problems that could turn into much larger problems. Call us here at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
Why does my drain clog?
A common question Green Apple Mechanical NJ commonly gets relates to clogged drains.
Generally, clogged drains occur because people are not careful, particularly in the kitchen, about what goes down the drain.
For example, make sure to avoid:
- pouring cooking oil (or fat) down the drain.
- putting poultry skins (chicken, turkey), starchy (potato peels, rice), stringy (celery) or fibrous waste (coffee grinds, corn husks) down the drain.
Also, take some common sense and proactive steps, such as:
- have the water running when you use the garbage disposal.
- let the garbage disposal “catch up” after waste is poured down the drain.
To avoid clogged drains, be conscious and careful and you should avoid a clogged drain dilemma
If a clog occurs, then there is always baking soda and vinegar. The natural chemical reaction will help break up clogs.
If your drain is still clogged make sure to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs please feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
Is your shower head not performing like it used to? Over time mineral deposits can build up which can cause the nozzles to squirt water in all directions or clog up completely, leaving you with poor water pressure or low flow.
Here are our top tips to help get your shower head back to peak performance.
#1 Rub the Nozzles
Many shower heads have flexible rubber nozzles. You can dislodge mineral buildup in these nozzles by simply massaging each nozzle with your finger. You can also try gently scrubbing the nozzles with a toothbrush.
#2 Soak the Shower Head in Vinegar
There are a couple ways to do this:
- If you prefer to leave the shower head attached to the pipe coming out of the wall, you can fill a plastic bag with vinegar and wrap it around the shower head.
- Secure the bag around the head with a rubber band, tape, or a twist tie.
- Leave the bag around the shower head for a few hours.
- Remove the bag and turn on the water for a few minutes to clear the vinegar out of the shower head.
- If this solution still doesn’t fix your problem there could be something else going on. Call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
1) Your furnace is more than 15 years old
According to Consumer Reports, the average life expectancy for a gas furnace is 18 years.
However, according to EnergyStar.com, you should replace a furnace that’s over 15 years old with an ENERGY STAR rated furnace, which is 15% more energy efficient than other furnaces on the market.
To learn more about how much money you can save by upgrading to a new energy efficient furnace, read up on EnergyStar ratings, which measures furnace energy efficiency.
2) Your heating bill increased
A variety of problems could be causing this. But if you have repaired your furnace by a reputable heating company and had your air ducts properly sealed your energy bill shouldn’t increase dramatically.
A sudden increase in your heating bill from the years before may mean that your furnace is on its last legs. As internal parts wear out, your gas and electric bill may go up.
The extra money you’re paying in gas and electricity could go towards buying a new furnace.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
- Be sure to check the fill height: Any toilet includes a float that’s connected to the fill valve. This float may be set too high, which means the water will just run and run. Or it may be set too low, which means your toilet won’t flush very well. The water should stop about an inch short of the overflow tube’s rim. If it doesn’t, adjust the float. If the float continues to be a problem, it may be time for a replacement — which you can get at any hardware store.
- If you still have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs then make sure to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise.
Regardless of what type of furnace you have, performing regular maintenance is the key for efficient out comings and money savings. Since dirt is the biggest enemy of your furnace, as it wastes fuel and considerably lowers your furnace’s efficiency, you can save you a lot of money on heating costs as well as avoid expensive repairs in the future simply by keeping your furnace clean.
Because dirt affects all three basic components of your furnace: the filter system, the blower and the motor, your furnace filter should be replaced or cleaned at the beginning of the heating season and about once a month during periods of continuous in order to keep your home cleaner and to prevent dirt and debris from getting into your blower and damaging it.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
- Don’t use hot water while grinding food. It’s perfectly acceptable to run hot water down the drain after you’ve used the disposal. However, it is even more important that only cold water be used during the food grinding process.
- Don’t put grease, fat or items of this type in the disposal. These will cause the drain line to clog. Simply get rid of these items by putting them in the trash.
- Don’t feed the garbage disposal handfuls of vegetable peels all at once. The garbage disposal has a tough time with vegetable and fruit peels. Keep the cuttings in a separate container and feed them slowly into the grinder while running plenty of cold water.
- These are just a few of the ways that you can keep your garbage disposal operating but if you are still experiencing troubles with your garbage disposal make sure to call Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191