Clean Out Air Registers
The air registers in your home gather a ton of dust, pet hair, bits of food and other stray items over time. A clogged air register has effects similar to those of a bad filter. The packed in dust and dirt restricts airflow, dirties the air and makes the furnace work harder to get the house up to the temperature you need.
Remove all the floor registers in your home and remove any obstructions with a high powered vacuum. By cleaning out the registers, you take an easy step toward ensuring your furnace isn’t working harder than it needs to.
If you have any questions or concern about the air quality of your HVAC system be sure to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
- Test the faucets both inside and out. To do so, turn on the hot and cold water one at a time. You may notice some air in the lines in your outdoor faucets, but don’t be alarmed. This is normal if you turned the water off during the colder months.
- Inspect your pipes. Drastic changes in temperature at the end of winter can compromise the integrity of your pipes potentially causing them to burst or leak. For this reason, it’s imperative that you know how to shut the water off to your house quickly. Take this time to test shutoff valves.
- Flush the water heater. Since you should be flushing it once a year, take this time to get rid of sediment in the tank. If you turned up the thermostat for hotter water during the winter, bring it back down to 120°.
- Reattach garden hoses and check for leaks. It’s that time of year again – where you’ll be spending time outside gardening or washing your car. Reattach hoses, turn on the spigots and check for leaks. Leaky hose bibs can drive up your water bill.
- Clean out the gutters. We all know how much rain we can get during the spring season so take this time to clean out the gutters. It’s also important to make sure they are draining properly and that water is redirected away from your home and foundation.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
4. Provides an Extended Life for Your Furnace
You want your furnace to last the 15 to 20 years it was meant to, but without Green Apple Mechanical NJ, you’re more likely to get about 10. Wear and tear increases without the correct maintenance which can cause your system to fail. Having your furnace looked at every year can prevent moisture and grime build ups, which in turn prevents rust and air flow problems. It also saves you the money of having to replace it with a new model.
It may not seem like a big issue to skip your yearly furnace check-up, but you can be inviting trouble if you do. Have us over to inspect. Green Apple Mechanical NJ will keep your family safe and comfortable and save you some major expenses down the line.
We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. Call us today for a proper inspection toll-free at 888-611-7191
Low Water Pressure
Are you experiencing low water pressure? The cause of dribbling sinks and showers isn’t always easy to pinpoint. Pipe obstructions, city supply issues and poor pipe design can all play a part in low-pressure fixtures.
Your furnace needs to be properly sized to your home. Some homeowners think that the larger the furnace, the warmer their home will be—but this could not be more false. Oversized furnaces can make your home uncomfortably warm in certain areas while other areas remain too cold. And they will not operate efficiently because they spend a majority of the time warming up only to shut off without completing a full cycle since it does not fit your home correctly.
If you are unsure of the proper size of what your furnace should then make sure to contact the experts at Green Apple Mechanical NJ. Green Apple are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs feel free to call your friends at Green Apple toll-free at 888-611-7191
- Check for plumbing leaks
Be sure to look at both your faucets and toilets for any leaks. You want to confirm there is no water dripping out of or around the connections when you shut off your faucets. If there is, installing new fixtures or repairing the leak could help better the faucet’s function and may even lower your water bill.
After the faucets, inspect any accessible pipes for evidence of leaks. You can often see visible pipes in basements and below sinks. Extreme weather can cause pipes to freeze and sometimes crack. Spring is the ideal time to make sure the winter weather didn’t cause any damage that would result in plumbing problems.
Be sure to contact the professionals at Green Apple Mechanical NJ with any questions or concerns you might be experiencing. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. Call Green Apple toll-free at 888-611-7191
Energy savings, lower utility bills, and better indoor air quality are the three greatest benefits that you’ll enjoy when you replace your dirty furnace filters. An understanding of the role that air filters play helps explain why they’re so important:
- Airflow. Even the most energy-efficient furnace can’t keep your home snug and warm without a well-operating air distribution system. If an air filter becomes so clogged and dirty that it restricts airflow, the system will have to work harder to get conditioned air through the ductwork. Dirt can also accumulate on the coils and further restrict airflow.
- Heater performance. Dirty filters can cause dust, grime, and debris to build up on heater components, which can impair the efficiency of the entire heating system. Over time, the heater’s performance weakens while the energy usage steadily increases. Replacing a clogged filter can lower an HVAC system’s energy consumption by as much as 15 percent.
- Indoor Air Quality. Filters are rated according to the number and size of particles that they can trap. In the rating system used, the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV), the higher the MERV, the better the filter’s ability to remove small particulates. An expert from Green Apple Mechanical NJ can help you to select the best filter for your heating system.
- Call Green Apple Toll-free at 888-611-7191
Other Causes of Inefficiency
If your furnace is more than ten years old it might be time to look into purchasing a new furnace. The one you have now may not be the right size for your home and its energy requirements.
There are newer, more efficient furnaces coming out on the market all the time, so if your furnace is over ten years old you’re definitely not getting the maximum efficiency level. It can be quite an eye-opener how much you can save in energy, and you’ll find a more efficient furnace can be well worth purchasing.
The exact amount you save will depend on a lot of things:
- Whether the winter is warm or cold.
- The size of your home.
- How well-insulated it is.
- Sun exposure, window size and number.
- How warm you want to keep your home.
That’s why we encourage you to dig out your real heating bills and do your own calculations.
We’re sure that no matter what how your actual numbers work out, you’ll find that you’re spending thousands of dollars that you could be using for something that’s much more fun.
If you’re ready to start saving on energy, contact Green Apple Mechanical NJ for more information on how to make your furnace more efficient. Call us toll-free at 888-611-7191
Whether you are a long time garbage disposal user or have just chosen your first ever disposal, knowing how to care for it will go a long way to making your experience a good one. Garbage disposals are valuable household tools when used properly. If you are careful with what you put through your disposal and keep it clean, it should provide you with many years of carefree service. Many of the common frustrations users experience can be avoided by following just a few tips.
A common garbage disposal complaint is bad odors. This is often due to a failure to run enough water through and ensure everything is adequately flushed out. To keep your disposal fresh and clean, consider the following tips:
- Grind Thoroughly – Make sure you allow adequate time for everything to get ground and flushed with water. Leftover particles cause odors.
- Clean Regularly – At least once a week, take a bottle brush and scrub inside the disposal. This small maintenance step will go a long way to keeping it fresh.
- Grab Citrus – Fresh orange, lemon, or limes can help cut grease and eliminate odors. Simply grind pieces in the disposal.
- Vinegar is Good – Freeze some vinegar in ice cube trays and blend in the disposal. This helps to eliminate bacteria which can cause odor.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple toll-free at 888-611-7191
One of the very best ways to care for your HVAC system is to make sure that you have an annual furnace inspection performed by a Green Apple Mechanical NJ technician. These annual inspections are incredibly important because if there are any small problems now it’s better to have them corrected before they turn into much larger and much more expensive problems down the road.
It’s also essential to make sure that your furnace filters are being changed on a regular basis to ensure that airflow can circulate effectively and that the air quality is clean and healthy for your family to breathe. If the filters are clear then the furnace itself will not have to work as hard to push the air through.
We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns call us toll-free at 888-611-7191