- Increased Comfort. This is one of the biggest benefits of central air conditioning. Window units usually have limited cooling capabilities and can only cool the immediate area where they are located—meaning you may need to purchase multiple window units (and spend more money). While window units only cool one area of the home, central air conditioning systems simultaneously cool the entire house.
- Better Air Quality. Ahh… take a deep breath! Central air conditioning systems use filters which work to take pollutants, allergens, and the like out of the air, meaning fresher, cleaner air for you and your loved ones.
- Low noise levels. One of the biggest pitfalls of traditional air conditioning systems is the noise level. Window units are located inside the house so they’re going to make noise—and depending on the system, this noise can be loud and potentially become a big annoyance. Central air conditioning systems, however, keep the condenser (and the noise!) outside of the house.
- Green Apple are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call us toll-free at 888-611-7191
If you have an older central air conditioner, you might choose to replace the outdoor compressor with a modern, high-efficiency unit. If you do so, consult a Green Apple heating and cooling contractor to assure that the new compressor is properly matched to the indoor unit. However, considering recent changes in refrigerants and air conditioning designs, it might be wiser to replace the entire system.
Today’s best air conditioners use 30% to 50% less energy to produce the same amount of cooling as air conditioners made in the mid-1970s. Even if your air conditioner is only 10 years old, you may save 20% to 40% of your cooling energy costs by replacing it with a newer, more efficient model.
Proper sizing and installation are key elements in determining air conditioner efficiency. Too large a unit will not adequately remove humidity. Too small a unit will not be able to attain a comfortable temperature on the hottest days. Improper unit location, lack of insulation, and improper duct installation can greatly diminish efficiency.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call us toll-free at 888-611-7191
There are solid reasons why adding central air conditioning is the most viable option for bringing cool comfort to an existing home. Window units address comfort issues in single rooms or small enclosed areas only. In the midst of hot weather, residents find themselves increasingly restricted to these “islands” of coolness while the rest of the uncooled house remains stuck in the uncomfortable zone.
In addition, cooling individual rooms with multiple window units is more energy-expensive than running a single central air conditioner, particularly when you consider the substantial advances in efficiency available from new central systems today.
Aesthetics is another a drawback of window units. They’re bulky, block the outdoor view and reduce available light. Living with a noisy compressor and fan mounted in a window unit only a few feet from where you’re sitting or sleeping is never as quiet as a central system, where the loud components are exiled to remote locations like the attic and backyard.
If you are considering having central air installed be sure to contact Green Apple Mechanical NJ. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call us toll-free at 888-611-7191
New Jersey is experiencing a deep freeze and hopefully, your home furnace is operating properly and to its full potential. This time of year it’s more important than ever to have a furnace that is up to date and working at it’s best. Make sure that the filters are clear so as much heat as possible can get through.
Green Apple recommends changing the furnace filters at least once a month. This way the air circulating throughout the home is as clean as possible and your furnace doesn’t have to work as hard to push the air through. Experts recommend having an annual furnace inspection done once a year to ensure that there are no small problems that can turn into much larger and more expensive problems if left unchecked.
We are the experts you can trust. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing concerns call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
2- Curtains are excellent for preventing heat loss. You can buy heavy-duty curtains, or thermal lining for your existing ones, for extra insulation. But try not to let your curtains hang over any radiators, as this can stop the heat from warming the room.
2- Insulating your home is one of the best ways to reduce your energy bills and make your house warmer and more comfortable. Warm air can escape from your home in all directions – including the roof, walls, floor, windows, and doors – meaning lots of the energy you pay for can go to waste.
If you don’t think your furnace is operating the way that it should be then please call your friends at Green Apple with any questions or concerns you might have regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs toll-free at 888-611-7191
- Green Apple recommends Insulating pipes in unheated areas, such as attics, crawl spaces and basements.
- When below-freezing weather is forecast, open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms. This allows these pipes to get more heat from inside your home.
- If you leave home for several days, put your furnace on a low setting. This may not prevent freezing pipes but it can help.
- Let a slight drip of water run when temperatures dip below freezing. Use cold water to avoid water heating charges.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs feel free to call your friends at Green Apple toll-free at 888-611-7191
Everyone in New Jersey is talking about the blizzard and what they can do to best prepare for it. One of the most important things you can do to prepare yourself for the upcoming blizzard is to make sure that your furnace will be operating to its full potential and that there are no signs of breaking down when you need it the most. Now is the perfect time to schedule your annual furnace inspection before the big storm that is predicted. It’s always best to be prepared so that you aren’t stuck in a cold house waiting for an HVAC serviceman who may have difficulty reaching you if the roads are bad. It’s always best to be proactive. Annual furnace inspections are recommended by HVAC professionals and HVAC manufacturers We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs please feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
Prevent problems with an annual inspection and maintenance visit.
Your furnace system controls the temperature and moves air throughout your home to keep it comfortable while also filtering out dust and allergens. A yearly preventative maintenance inspection by a qualified Green Apple Mechanical NJ service technician can keep your HVAC functioning at peak efficiency by identifying problems from thermal stress, movement, or dust. Common problems can be:
- Duct work loosened due to normal thermal expansion and contraction;
- Blower motor bearings in need of lubrication;
- Replacing of air filter and cleaning of dust from blower fan blades and AC condensing coil.
An inspection can also find and repair less than obvious problems like:
- Loose blower belt
- Improperly firing burners
- Blocked condensate drain
- Loose wiring harnesses
- Slowly leaking coolant from the AC system
The best way to keep your furnace efficient and reliable is to have it inspected before you really need it. Before cold weather strikes, set up an appointment to have your heating system inspected by an expert. Yearly fall maintenance can save you time, frustration, and money when it’s done right. Our technicians perform a comprehensive diagnostic check to ensure that your furnace is operating safely, efficiently and to manufacturer’s specifications.
From performing a safety test for carbon monoxide (CO) to checking the unit’s safe operating temperature, what’s most important is that when we leave your house we’re confident that we have done all of the checks to ensure your equipment is running safely and as efficiently as possible and to the specifications of the manufacturer.
What Can I Do Between Annual Maintenance Visits To Ensure My Furnace Continues to Run Efficiently?
Next to having your furnace checked annually by a Green Apple Mechanical NJ professional, changing your filter is the most important thing to do in between those visits to ensure your furnace and air conditioner? longevity and performance. One of the biggest culprits behind equipment issues are dirty filters which can:
- Restrict airflow, which puts additional strain on the fan motor that after time can make your motor burn out, your system overheat or your equipment fail.
- Force your fan motor to overwork which uses more energy, can cause damage to your system and significantly raise your utility bill.
- Drastically reduce your indoor air quality which can aggravate allergies, asthma and other illnesses.
- Clog ductwork with debris which can decrease your equipment’s life span and lead to costly repair or replacement expenses.
How often should I change my furnace filter?
Manufacturers typically recommend that furnace filters be changed every three months. However, we suggest you check your furnace filters on a monthly basis to see if they are filled with dirt and other debris. Homes with smokers or pets will likely need to change their filters more regularly than other households. So our advice is to be prepared to replace your furnace filter every 3 months, however, check the filter every month and replace more frequently if required.
Often a service technician can tell you common minor issues about your furnace make and model that you can solve yourself in the future. Plus, they’ll perform a multi-point safety check to verify your system’s safe operation.
A yearly maintenance inspection keeps your HVAC running like new and improves your energy savings. And by monitoring your HVAC’s performance and condition, you’ll enjoy its longer life and lower chances for an expensive break down.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your plumbing or HVAC needs please feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll free at 888-611-7191
One reason systems may appear not to be producing enough cold air is because of duct leakage. Duct leakage can sap 20 to 40% of the energy out of even a well-operating air conditioner, if the ducts pass outside the cooled space (this includes attics, crawlspaces and garages). Ducts outside need to be well insulated. Various products exist specifically for insulating ducts that can be installed by a keen home owner or a professional contractor.
You might be able to get an extra half ton of air conditioner capacity for free, if you seal your leaky ducts. If the ducts are accessible, handy consumers can seal ducts with mastic—that white sticky stuff you can paint on the ducts. Otherwise you would need a professional to seal the ducts.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll free at 888-611-7191