You really don’t want your furnace to break down ever but you really don’t want it breaking down in weather like this. That’s why Green Apple Mechanical NJ always emphasizes the importance of having maintenance checks done on your furnace at least once a year. We can check to make sure there are no small problems that can turn into much larger problems down the road if left unchecked.
We will also ensure that all air filters are clear so air flow will be optimal and air quality will be pure. Also depending on the age of your furnace, we will check to see if it’s still up to date. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs please feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
- A leak never gets better on its own. The flow may fluctuate, but once it starts, it won’t stop without a repair. Leaks are a sure sign that something is wrong, just as your gut instinct led you to believe.
- A leak is usually caused by a mechanical malfunction. Your sink may need plumbing help in the form of a new part, such as a washer or rubber seal.
- A leak could be a sign of an old pipe – another problem that must be addressed and inspected for damage. Weakened pipes almost always must be replaced.
- A leak can can cause drywall damage, depending on where it’s located. It’s easy to forget that water travels, seeking the path of least resistance. Wet drywall often must be replaced, too.
- A leak can cause mold damage. And the longer a leak has gone undetected, the more extensive the mold damage is likely to be. Fortunately, mold that is contained to a small area – that hasn’t “traveled” along the route of the water – is fairly simple to remedy.
- A leak can damage floors, furniture and other items that the water has penetrated. If your home has ever incurred even 1 inch of water, you know how invasive water can be, often ruining everything in its way.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs please call Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
1. Decorative Insulation
Carpeting and area rugs on floors help insulate against drafts. They also feel great underfoot, help with soundproofing, and make us feel warmer because they’re so cozy looking.
2. Keep a Good Humidity Level
Most people notice that the air in our homes tends to be really dry in winter. It’s not only drying on skin and throats, but it can make us feel colder than we really are. Using a humidifier to bring your humidity level up to about 40% will help transfer heat better. You can lower the setting on the thermostat and not notice it. More humidity is also better for wood floors and furniture and can help prevent asthma and allergy attacks.
3. Make Sure your Garage Door is Sealed
The garage is one of the biggest culprits of energy loss in the modern home. Make sure the garage door is touching all the way down and there aren’t any drafts around the sides are top.
By following these tips, you’ll keep your furnace running smoothly all winter long. You’ll also stay cozy and warm for less money.
We are the professionals you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
1-Keep the Area Around the Furnace Clear
Most furnaces are kept in the basement, where we also love to store extra belongings. It’s really important to keep a three to five foot area around your furnace completely clear of stored items. This is a safety issue because there is burning gas in the furnace. But it also helps the furnace run smoother because air can circulate freely.
2-. Curtains are a Great Way to Save Energy
Strategically using your curtains can make a noticeable difference in your energy bill. By closing them at night, you can prevent heat loss to the cold outdoors.
Opening them in the day on the south or west-facing windows allows warm sunshine to enter and heat the inside of your home, just like with a car left in a parking lot. On any north windows, try to keep them closed, even during the day.
3. Get Regular Furnace Tune-Ups
Make sure you have your furnace inspected and tuned up every year by Green Apple Mechanical NJ to ensure its running at peak efficiency. One faulty part can place strain on the rest of the system, and can lead to sudden breakdowns.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call us toll-free at 888-611-7191
- To prevent excessive watering of your lawn in the summertime, purchase an inexpensive spring-loaded timer that attaches directly to your outside faucet. This will prevent overwatering in case you forget to shut off the sprinkler.
- Water pressure in your home above 60 pounds per square inch is harmful to your plumbing system and will cause excessive water usage. Contact your local water authority to find out what the water pressure is on your street. If it exceeds 60 pounds, consider installing a pressure-reducing valve that will limit the water pressure within your home.
- Check your water meter during a period of time when no water is being used. Make a note of the meter reading and check it 8 to 10 hours later. If the meter has moved, there is an indication that you may have an undetected water leak, which should be corrected.
- Leaky toilets consume more than 40% of your total water usage. Installation of a new toilet flapper and fill valve will keep your toilet running efficiently.
- Replacing an old showerhead can save up to 7.5 gallons of water per minute without sacrificing full spray action at low or high water pressures.
- If you have any questions or concerns call Green Apple Mechanical Nj toll-free at 888-611-7191
Clean Out Air Registers
The air registers in your home gather a ton of dust, pet hair, bits of food and other stray items over time. A clogged air register has effects similar to those of a bad filter. The packed in dust and dirt restricts airflow, dirties the air and makes the furnace work harder to get the house up to the temperature you need.
Remove all the floor registers in your home and remove any obstructions with a high powered vacuum. By cleaning out the registers, you take an easy step toward ensuring your furnace isn’t working harder than it needs to.
If you have any questions or concern about the air quality of your HVAC system be sure to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191. We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
- Test the faucets both inside and out. To do so, turn on the hot and cold water one at a time. You may notice some air in the lines in your outdoor faucets, but don’t be alarmed. This is normal if you turned the water off during the colder months.
- Inspect your pipes. Drastic changes in temperature at the end of winter can compromise the integrity of your pipes potentially causing them to burst or leak. For this reason, it’s imperative that you know how to shut the water off to your house quickly. Take this time to test shutoff valves.
- Flush the water heater. Since you should be flushing it once a year, take this time to get rid of sediment in the tank. If you turned up the thermostat for hotter water during the winter, bring it back down to 120°.
- Reattach garden hoses and check for leaks. It’s that time of year again – where you’ll be spending time outside gardening or washing your car. Reattach hoses, turn on the spigots and check for leaks. Leaky hose bibs can drive up your water bill.
- Clean out the gutters. We all know how much rain we can get during the spring season so take this time to clean out the gutters. It’s also important to make sure they are draining properly and that water is redirected away from your home and foundation.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191
4. Provides an Extended Life for Your Furnace
You want your furnace to last the 15 to 20 years it was meant to, but without Green Apple Mechanical NJ, you’re more likely to get about 10. Wear and tear increases without the correct maintenance which can cause your system to fail. Having your furnace looked at every year can prevent moisture and grime build ups, which in turn prevents rust and air flow problems. It also saves you the money of having to replace it with a new model.
It may not seem like a big issue to skip your yearly furnace check-up, but you can be inviting trouble if you do. Have us over to inspect. Green Apple Mechanical NJ will keep your family safe and comfortable and save you some major expenses down the line.
We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. Call us today for a proper inspection toll-free at 888-611-7191
Low Water Pressure
Are you experiencing low water pressure? The cause of dribbling sinks and showers isn’t always easy to pinpoint. Pipe obstructions, city supply issues and poor pipe design can all play a part in low-pressure fixtures.
Your furnace needs to be properly sized to your home. Some homeowners think that the larger the furnace, the warmer their home will be—but this could not be more false. Oversized furnaces can make your home uncomfortably warm in certain areas while other areas remain too cold. And they will not operate efficiently because they spend a majority of the time warming up only to shut off without completing a full cycle since it does not fit your home correctly.
If you are unsure of the proper size of what your furnace should then make sure to contact the experts at Green Apple Mechanical NJ. Green Apple are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs feel free to call your friends at Green Apple toll-free at 888-611-7191