Is your shower head not performing like it used to? Over time mineral deposits can build up which can cause the nozzles to squirt water in all directions or clog up completely, leaving you with poor water pressure or low flow.
Here are our top tips to help get your shower head back to peak performance.
#1 Rub the Nozzles
Many shower heads have flexible rubber nozzles. You can dislodge mineral buildup in these nozzles by simply massaging each nozzle with your finger. You can also try gently scrubbing the nozzles with a toothbrush.
#2 Soak the Shower Head in Vinegar
There are a couple ways to do this:
- If you prefer to leave the shower head attached to the pipe coming out of the wall, you can fill a plastic bag with vinegar and wrap it around the shower head.
- Secure the bag around the head with a rubber band, tape, or a twist tie.
- Leave the bag around the shower head for a few hours.
- Remove the bag and turn on the water for a few minutes to clear the vinegar out of the shower head.
- If this solution still doesn’t fix your problem there could be something else going on. Call your friends at Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free at 888-611-7191