While cracked pipes and clogged drains are problematic, flooding is a nightmare. With spring comes a lot of snowmelt, and with snowmelt comes a lot of displaced water that can end up in your basement.
Sometimes your basement turns into a wading pool, but other times basement flooding is less noticeable. Here are some signs of a wet basement to be aware of
There are a few ways you can be proactive about preventing spring flooding:
- Disconnect your downspouts from your sewer system and make sure water is draining about 6.5 feet away from your house’s foundation
- Maintain your eavestroughs so they are clear of debris
- Clear the drainage grates in front of your house and the drainage swales between your house and your neighbors’ so melting water and rain can flow freely through them.
- We are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple Mechanical toll-free.