Make sure your travel plans include time for plumbing prep.
If you have summer travel planned, make sure your home is ready for it—especially if you’re going to be away for weeks or months at a time.
- Arrange to have a trusted friend or neighbor check in on your house and make sure everything is ok. Even an absence of a couple of days could lead to a big and costly mess if a leak goes undetected.
- Check your water-using appliances for loose or cracked hoses, leaks or other malfunctions.
- Turn your water heater down to its low, pilot or vacation setting. No need to waste energy heating water that won’t be used!
- If you’ll be away for an extended amount of time, consider turning off your water main and hot water heater and draining your pipes and tank.
- Empty the dishwasher and washing machine, and leave them open to air. While you’re at it, make sure your garbage disposal and plumbing traps are clean. That way, you won’t be coming home to musty, unpleasant odors.
- Make sure all indoor and outdoor taps are completely off.
- If your irrigation system is on a schedule, make sure it will run as desired while you’re away.
- Green Apple Mechanical NJ are the experts you can trust. We have been serving the NJ area for years with professionalism and expertise. Customer service and care are always our number one priority. If you have any questions or concerns call us toll-free at 888-611-7191