Unfortunately, drugstore wipes that claim to be “flushable” are not really flushable.
Taking care of your plumbing can prevent common issues, such as leaks and clogged drains that require you to call a Green Apple plumber.
A clogged toilet can be a major pain, particularly when there are multiple people in a home where people have to share only one or two restrooms.
Most clogged sewers happen gradually.
The sun is out and summer is here, which means many are flocking to water to cool down and unplug. But summer is also a great time to think about the water that runs through your home. Green Apple Mechanical g is here to help with all residential plumbing needs.
Have you required more than one heating repair on your furnace or boiler within the last two years? Just like cars break down more often as they age, so does your home’s furnace or boiler.
Did you Know That… Albert Einstein was made an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union? The German physicist said on one occasion that if he had to live his life all over again, he would be a plumber!
Before the onset of cold weather, protect your pipes from freezing by following these recommendations:
- Drain water from
swimmingpool and water sprinkler supply lines following manufacturer’s or installer’s directions. Do not put antifreeze in these lines unless directed. Antifreeze is environmentally harmful,and is dangerous to humans, animals, and landscaping.
- Remove, drain, and store hoses used outdoors. Close inside valves supplying outdoor hose bibs. Open the outside hose bibs to allow water to drain. Keep the outside valve open so that any water remaining in the pipe can expand without causing the pipe to break.
- Add insulation to attics, basements and crawl spaces. Insulation will maintain higher temperatures in these areas.
- Check around the home for other areas where water supply lines are located in unheated areas. Look in the garage, and under kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Both hot and cold water pipes in these areas should be insulated.
- Consider installing specific products made to insulate water pipes like a “pipe sleeve” or installing UL-listed “heat tape,” “heat cable,” or similar materials on exposed water pipes. Newspaper can provide some degree of insulation and protection to exposed pipes – even ¼” of newspaper can provide significant protection in areas that usually do not have frequent or prolonged temperatures below freezing.
- Call green Apple Mechanical Toll-free @ 888-611-7191 with any questions or concerns you may have regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs.
Modern toilets use a variety of low-flow designs aimed at saving water. The early forms of these toilets may lack the necessary pressure to clear the internal trap and drain, meaning that they often develop clogs. Look at the back of your toilet for a stamped date. If your toilet was made in the mid-1990s, you could have one of these first-generation low-flow toilets.
If this is the case, don’t feel the need to rush into buying a brand new toilet. You can sometimes reduce clogs in low-flow toilets by limiting toilet paper use and avoiding clog-prone items. But if these efforts don’t help, the solution will be to install a more up-to-date toilet.
If you are experiencing any difficulty with any of your plumbing or HVAC concerns call Green Apple Mechanical NJ toll-free @ 888-611-7191
- If you start noticing more dust around your home, or dust around your air vents
- You smell a dusty odor in your home
- You or your family has unexplained congestion
To keep your furnace in its best condition, Green Apple Mechanical NJ recommends that you change the filter monthly and have it serviced annually by a Green Apple Mechanical professional. This will ensure that your furnace will continue to keep your home warm and comfortable when you need it most.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of your HVAC or plumbing needs call Green Apple toll-free at 888-611-7191